Monday, January 16, 2012

Mamas Don't let your Babies Grow up to be Cowboys

Today, January 16th, my grandfather turns 80.  We are talking about my funny, tough, hard working, forever young grandpa, right?  The man who walked me down the isle when I got married? The one who's T-shirts I always got to wear to bed when I got to sleep over at your house?  How can this be? 

I know, everyone says these things about the passing of time but this really strikes me.  80.  Wow.

To celebrate, my Mom made the trek up to my house and we planned a surprise party.  To be honest, it was the first surprise party I've ever thrown.  For anyone.  And the best part is that he was actually surprised.  My uncles and cousin were there and we BBQ'd steaks and ate chocolate cake in honor of the big 80. 

Birthdays are milestones not only to mark another year but they give me pause that time i passing so fast!  In honor of you, Grandpa... whenever I hear this song I'll always hear you whistling along.

No comments:

Post a Comment