Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Long Time Favorite of Mine

I must apologize to those of you who thought that you were subscribing to a blog filled with sewing.  You'll get some of that but you'll also get a ride along on my random train of thought and what fuels that, the majority of time, is music.  So, I post about it a lot, I know.  Maybe too much.  Too bad. 

Anyhow, my musical tastes have certainly evoloved over my life (thank goodness).  One band that I've been a HUGE fan of for a long time is The Barenaked Ladies.  Believe it or not, I've never seen them in concert.  But, if I was to go see them in concert I think I would be reduced to a screaming hyperactive teenager.  Some people that I know might actually pay money to see this and if you are one of them...I'd love it if you could accompany me to a concert.  It is unbelieveable that I've never seen them live.  Absolutely unbelieveable.  I love their music that much. 

It brings me out of a funk.  It fuels my sleep deprived days.  It puts a sarcastic smirk on my face just when I need it and it teaches my kids like interesting, and pedestrian, snacks (Snack Time), that 7 8 (ate) 9, and crazy words like frenulum, and uvula, and keeps me sane when their CD repeats for the 70th time in my CD player.  Their music just never gets old. 

In fact, it is what is keeping me sewing well into this long night working on custom orders of Rainbow twirl dresses, Lodge twirl dresses and Orchard Peasant dresses. 

Here's a particular fave that I just can't get enough of right now.



No comments:

Post a Comment