Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Tutorial you just have to check out! The New & Improved Rockin’ Baby Gown Tutorial with Hand Flaps!

I'm a big fan of up-cycling and reusing garments to make something new (and lovely)! Here's a tutorial from s favorite blogger of mine on how to reuse an old Adult T-Shirt into an infant gown. Can you say "amazing baby shower gift"?!

I know you've been holding on to those beloved concert T's just knowing that they'd be good for something... The New & Improved Rockin’ Baby Gown Tutorial with Hand Flaps! Tutorial is courtesy of Carrie at Thismamamakesstuff.com. While you are there you should check out some of her other tutorials and clothing refashions. She's oh so talented and I often find myself reading her blog for inspiration!

Here's how mine turned out (please excuse the sub par photography)!






So, I know that this probably could have been a lot more hip had I used one of my dearly beloved ski or concert T's but I thought it best to use this brown Giro ski T-Shirt for my first attempt.  Believe me, this project was so easy that there will be plenty more of these made (as baby gifts, of course)!

If you are looking for a handmade, budget conscious, shower gift or have a baby on the way and are looking for functional clothing that suites your lifestyle then I would highly recommend this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment