Saturday, November 19, 2011

Motivation...aka getting off my butt

So, this post has nothing to do about clothing, textiles, fun accessories or sewing notions...  It's all about getting outside.  Getting fresh air, being fit and healthy.  I do enjoy running on occasion.  I love to dance.  I cannot stand exercise without music (which is probably why I find most yoga exceedingly boring).  My exercise soundtracks are like MSG is to food.  Probably not good for the body (played as such decibels) but they MAKE the experience.

I must confess...  For the past 3 (OK, maybe 4) months I haven't gotten off my patootie for more than a short walk.  Don't get me wrong...I'm charging up and down our stairs 20 times a day, vacuuming, mopping, carrying children and groceries so I do get varied forms of exercise but it's not any exercise for the sake of stress relief or raising one's heart rate.  I just haven't had the motivation.

Tonight I decided to download some new music and suddenly I'm boogieing around the office.  I suddenly feel like going for a run.  I feel young.  and happy.  and...something else that I just can't put my finger on.  

I hope this song does the same for you since it's the one that I JUST CAN'T GET OUT OF MY HEAD!  Even if it doesn't have you wanting to get out and move your body then perhaps it just makes you tap your toes.  My suggestion?  CRANK it and shake your booty like no one's watching (or like you are performing...if that's your thing).  Instant smiley face guarenteed.  


No comments:

Post a Comment