Friday, December 2, 2011

Please Pardon my absence!

It's been busy since Thanksgiving!  I've had a couple of custom orders, lots of work with my day job, holiday travel, parent teacher conferences, oh...I could bore you all to death if I kept on but I think you all get my drift.  Anyhow, I've been doing some inventory accounting, some light sewing and, mostly, some refocusing of my creative juices.  You know, reconnecting with why I love to have Ourfox. 

I've got a couple of super cute dress designs in the works.  Some peasant style, smocked, wild multiple fabric numbers that make my heart sing.  Hopefully I can post some photos and share them all with you soon.  I also recently purchased an adorable pattern for a ruffled cardigan from Heidi and Finn (www.heidiandfinn.etsy.com) that I'm playing with.  I'm hoping to give my first try at this garment to a friend who's had a recent addition to her family.

By far the most exciting thing that has happened in the last two weeks?  I was approached by a Zulily.com buyer asking if I would like to be showcased on their site.  This is beyond any of my wildest dreams.  I'm serious.  I started this shop as a small business.  A way to share my hobby with the world (outside of my small community and wonderful local customers, that is).  I never dreamed that this might happen...  Anyhow, Ourfox isn't large enough just yet to be able to accept such a wonderful, flattering, exciting, stupendous, amazing offer but that doesn't mean I can't get there. 

Have any of you gone through these types of growing pains?  Any tips or suggestions that you wish you would have known in growing your business?

Anyhow, thanks, faithful followers, for your support.  I have so much to be thankful for these days. 

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment