Monday, October 24, 2011

Daydream Believer

I've been cutting patterns like a mad woman.  Sewing like a fiend in the evening hours.  Drafting new patterns, jotting down new ideas, crocheting hats for a local ski shop, and sewing some coordinating clothing to consign at a local children's boutique.  Did I mention I also work full time at my "day" job? 

Oh, make so mistake, I'm not complaining.  I live a blessed life.  A full life but blessed none the less. 

Lately, I've been daydreaming about getting away for a crafting retreat.  A retreat full of wide open spaces to cut patterns, rooms full of creative people with a similar focus, endless cups of hot tea, my iPod blasting my favorite tunes.  A weekend all to myself to sew, sew, sew with no housework, hungry children, conference calls, set bet times, alarm clocks....  This is my daydream.  I used to dream of spa retreats, days shopping in the city or at the local farmers market, a tropical vacation.  Funny how daydreams shift as our priorities in life change.  I don't miss those exotic, spa filled, daydreams at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment