Friday, October 28, 2011

"Hooked" on Hats

In a previous post I mentioned that I've been crocheting hats in the evenings...  My goal has been a hat an evening and so far I've been pretty good about meeting this goal, which, I must say, I'm very proud of.  Crocheting is not new to me.  Over the years I've gifted many a blanket or hat to friends and family but lately I've gone a little hat crazy. 

My inspiration to start crocheting in earnest, again, was sparked by a cute pattern on ETSY by Kandice O. of SweetKiwiCrochet (http://www.etsy.com/shop/SweetKiwiCrochet) for Sock Monkey and Owl hats.  I made the owl and it turned out super cute!


Lately, I've been into to some more traditional, Nordic styled, 100% super soft (and washable) wool hats for Glacier Ski Shop (on Hwy 542 in Glacier, WA). 



Cute, huh?  I'm SO inspired by this super bright and fun wool yarn I've been working with.  I haven't listed any of these on ETSY...yet but I will have some of them at my craft fair on Saturday, 11/12 from 10-4 at the Willows on Squalicum Parkway (3115 Squalicum Parkway Bellingham, WA 98225) and you can pick them up at Glacier Ski Shop!  All of the hats you see are for children (sizes 1-2 years and 2-4 years). 
Be on the lookout, friends and family, with the holidays right around the corner I don't think you've seen the last of my crocheted gifts!  I'm sure you won't mind :)

No comments:

Post a Comment